“Cheapest Fencing Option: Wire Fencing for Agriculture or Farm House”
When it comes to choosing the cheapest fencing option for agricultural purposes or farmhouses, wire fencing is often considered as a cost-effective choice. Wire fencing is widely used for its affordability, durability, and ease of installation. There are different types of wire fencing available, and the cost can vary depending on factors such as the materials used, height, and gauge of the wire.
Before we go into which kind of fencing wire firstly, to choose the right kind of fencing, let’s understand what kind of property it is?
- Vacant lands which are normally ancestral properties or lands bought for investment purpose.
- Agricultural lands where you are either doing agriculture or planning to start agriculture. Also many a times, you are also looking to build a farmhouse inside an agricultural land and you would be looking at fencing around the farmhouse.
- Villas under construction.
- Industrial or commercial properties under construction
- Sports complexes and other educational institutions where fencing might be needed.
Vacant Lands: Firstly it does not make sense to spend too much money on securing the boundary as you only want to protect the boundary. You should build a compound wall in a vacant land only in 2 scenarios:
- The vacant land is in a very prime location in the town or village.
- You are planning to start construction in that vacant land in the next two years.
For all other scenarios, you should not be looking to construct a compound wall as it can get very expensive – typically per acre it’ll cost you around Rs. 10,00,000 or $15,000.
For the vacant land, the fencing type that you should be opting for should be the cheapest fencing which is available in the market which is called as the barbed wire fencing.
As for the barbed wire, there is a chance of barbed wire getting stolen as in some remote areas as some petty thieves tend to steal the barbed wire. To prevent this, one can opt for a PVC Coated Barbed wire or a Polymer Barbed Wire where the resale value of the barb wire is very little so they will not take so much effort to steal the wire.
Agricultural lands: To fence an agricultural land, firstly think that it is for agriculture or if the land is mainly for investment purpose. If it is for investment purpose, again you should opt for barbed wire fencing.
If you already doing cultivation or are planning to start cultivation, then fencing is an absolute must as a lot of theft can happen to the produce and also the crops can get damaged by animal intrusions.
The kind of fencing that you choose should depend on two factors:
- The type of crop you are cultivating – Why this is important because if you are cultivating an expensive crop such as sandalwood, teakwood or exotic fruits, the chances of theft happening is a lot and accordingly you have to choose the fence type.
- The second factor is the kind of issues you face in that property such as what kind of animals intrude into the farm, are they domestic animals like cattle, dogs, sheep and goat or are they wild animals such as wild boar, wild cats, bison, nilgai, deer etc. sometimes you may not face much in terms of animal intrusions but may have human trespassing happening for e.g., in Mango farms it is a very common phenomenon where people enter inside and steal the mangoes.