Cost of Fencing per acre property | Barbed Wire Fencing | Chain Link Fencing | Fencing cost
The cost of fencing per acre property can vary depending on several factors, including the type of fencing material, labour costs, and the region where the property is located. Here are some approximate cost ranges for two common types of fencing:
It’s important to note that these cost estimates are rough approximations and can vary significantly based on factors such as local market conditions, accessibility of the property, terrain, and any additional features or requirements.
To know the costing of 1 acre land, four things to be know:
- How to find the boundary length of your property?
- How much fence material costs?
- What’s the installation cost?
- Are there any other costs that you need to be aware of?
It is very important to know the boundary length of your property to get the cost estimate. We can ascertain the boundary length by the following ways:
- Go to Google Maps, change to satellite view, zoom into your property and if you know the corners of your property right click your mouse, select the take measurement option, mark the corner points and voila you have the measurements!
- In case you don’t have the GPS location of your property, you can find out the boundary from your property diagram document which looks something like this. Just add the lengths of all the sides and you will have the total boundary length of your property.
- Worst case scenario, if you do not know your property’s exact location or don’t know its corners and also you don’t have the property diagram, you can log on to www.justfence.in and click on the Area Calculator.
- A very important point to note is that the calculator just gives you an approximate length, it is not the exact length, for example let’s take 3 properties which are all 1 acre but as you can see in the diagram, the boundary length of all the 3 properties is different.
- Perfect Square – 820ft
- Short Rectangle – 1070 ft
- Long Rectangle – 1840 ft
If the property size increases the boundary does not increase in the same proportion. For e.g.
|Size of Property||Approximate Boundary Length|
|1 Acre||1000 rft|
|2 Acres||1400 rft|
|4 Acres||2000 rft|
|10 Acres||3000 rft|
|20 Acres||4500 rft|
|100 Acres||10000 rft|
|200 Acres||14000 rft|
|500 Acres||22500 rft|
Now second important thing is calculating the material cost. There are several fence materials available such as Barbed Wire, Chain Link, and Electric Fence etc. For a plain land a basic fence is sufficient for demarcation so barbed wire fencing is the best as that is the cheapest and meets the objective.
Using the area calculator, one acre is approximately 1 acre and for basic demarcation just 4 lines of barbed wire is enough. Hence your total cost will be calculated in the following way
4 lines x 1000 ft = 4000ft
Another the important thing is fence poles, the standard height of a fence pole is 7ft and standard spacing is 10ft. And for every 8th pillar, you need to give a support pillar and for every corner and end pillar you need to give supports, hence you would need:
1000/10 = 100 Main Pillars
Approximately 35 Support Pillars
There are also other costs you need to factor such as:
|Site Cleaning||Cleaning with a JCB or manual cleaning if no dense foliage|
|Site Survey||Measuring and Marking of perimeter before work starts|
|Soil Condition||If soil is clayey or loose, foundation of poles becomes a must|
|Concrete Materials||Cost of sand, cement, jelly, water & labour cost if you decide to concrete poles|
|Transportation||Will vary according to the quantity of material and distance of your property|
|Accessories||Binding wire / Hooks & Clamps / Nut & Bolt to fix barbed wire|
|Machineries||Augur Machines / Hole Piling Tractors|
|Tools||Barbed Wire Tightening Machine, Hooks, Line thread & Crowbars|
|Accomodation||For labours if site is in remote area|
|Food & Water||For labours if not part of contract|
|Supervision||Daily wages of an engineer incase not supervising by self|
|Porterage||Loading & Unloading of poles, fence materials & accessories|
|Storage||Temporary shed if site is large and risk of theft is there|
|Security||If site is in a high crime area and possibility of theft is there at night|
|Size of Property||Cost Range|
|1 Acre||₹50,000 to ₹2 Lakhs|
|2 Acre||₹70,000 to ₹2.8 Lakhs|
|4 Acre||₹1 Lakh to ₹4 Lakhs|
|10 Acre||₹1.5 Lakh to ₹6 Lakhs|
|20 Acre||₹2.25 Lakh to ₹8 Lakhs|
|50 Acre||₹3.5 Lakhs to ₹12 Lakhs|
|100 Acre||₹5 Lakhs to ₹15 Lakhs|